Forum Conversations

Ask questions, find answers, share experiences, and
connect with like-minded women from all over the world.

News Feed Conversations Welcome to the Resilience! Community A place for contemplation

• A place for contemplation

• Donna

Administrator
    January 17, 2020 at 8:16 am

Does it happen to you too, during one of those rare moments that you’re not in the middle of some task or chore: that an insight, thought, or reflective question suddenly strikes you?

For me, these little sparks of inspiration, when noticed and remembered, often lead to valuable ideas or changes.

Share them here so that you won’t forget, and others can reflect on and add value to them.

• Rona

January 23, 2020 at 3:22 pm

Do you feel too that you have quite a lot of things to be thankful for, but in the same time you feel something is missing, or you have this dream that you never fullfil and you want to explore more about it?… 

• Inger

January 26, 2020 at 4:44 pm

Dear Rona, thank you for being so open hearted. I have the same, but when I explore my dream it seems when I’m close to it it throws me back to the beginning. I feel like I never leave first base. 

• Donna

Administrator
        January 28, 2020 at 10:50 am

That sounds so familiar to me! For years I was like that… I think it has something to do with your ‘creative mind.’ Imagination comes naturally for artists, rather than implementation. What I had to learn is PLANNING, which is a combination of taking the lead and going with the flow. In my case, I had to accept that I can’t control everything. That sometimes, I just have to let go. 
        It could also be the other way around: finding it hard to take control, and to set boundaries. Whenever the two are out of balance, it will be almost impossible to manifest your dreams.
        Of course, there are other tricky points in the process where your dreams just seem to vaporize. The CENS tool (Creation Emotion Navigation System) can help you figure out what is holding you back. 

• Donna

Administrator
      January 28, 2020 at 10:38 am

Thank you so much for sharing, Rona!
      I think, actually, I know for a fact, that a lot of women are struggling with this. It’s in our nature to care for others. Our family especially, and nothing is more important for us than to see them happy. But then, when the children grow up and become independent, we’re left with a gap, and the realization that all these years, we kind of ignored who we are in our core, besides the “wife” and “mother.” 
      And isn’t it actually a wonderful state? Like being reborn? 
      I don’t think a mother regrets giving her life to her children…
      The challenge is to allow yourself to take an essential piece of your life back after they’ve grown up. Finding a new purpose. Rediscovering your uniqueness and putting it out there for the world to see!
      Take the challenge and go on this fascinating journey of finding your renewed role in the big picture…

• Vera

January 27, 2020 at 1:48 pm

Dear Donna,

This sure happens and I think it is a great idea to pay more attention to them. Do you have any advice on how to get more of those moments? I can’t remember one to share with you at the moment… maybe later.

• Donna

Administrator
      January 28, 2020 at 10:58 am

Thanks, Vera! 
      It indeed takes some practice to recognize these moments of insight, inspiration, or reflection. Becoming aware of your emotions and thoughts is the first step to balance and change. If it doesn’t come naturally, you could consider to “forcefully” plan these moments. Two great tools for that are (1) Writing Morning Pages and (2) Keeping a Gratitude Diary, in which, before you go to sleep, you write down 3 to 5 things to be thankful for that day. (Both tools, but especially the Morning Pages, I explain further in the Emotional Resilience programs)

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now